Hampshire Power, DBA Gridwealth Electric, is a comprehensive renewable energy company serving municipal, commercial, and residential customers with a wide array of energy related products and services to move our community towards a greener and sustainable future. Hampshire Power strives to help customers make the right decision when it comes to energy by layering sustainable energy benefits to maximize savings and create new revenue. A Hampshire Power customer is a partner in the renewable energy revolution and understands the value of sustainable decisions. Our core services include Retail Electricity, Community Shared Solar, Renewable Asset Development and Ownership, and Energy Credit Brokerage.
General Job Description
The EDI and Billing Specialist works within a team to provide top-notch customer enrollment and support, as well as implement all functions needed for the enrollment and ongoing administration of Community Shared Solar (CSS) and Retail Power, as well as support our other Renewable Energy Certificate programs. This includes maintaining a growing database of customer profiles. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Supports a growing base of C&I customers, ensuring quality control and high satisfaction across our Community Shared Solar (CSS) and Retail Electricity programs, with thorough support for customers’ enrollment with online account and customer assistance.
- Oversees monthly invoicing and reporting to customers, using online EDI and CRM tools, for various services such as billing summaries, billing processing including automatic payments, AR aging processes or escalations, change requests, late charges, utility charges, and PUC Tax processing.
- Support ongoing customer care needs such as information requests, enrollment cancellations, dropped accounts/customers and any other EDI remittance processes.
- Completes regulatory documentation for customers with Department of Energy Resources and electric utility applications with detail-oriented accuracy.
- Helps streamline documentation and reporting, including automation as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of data service experience.
- Extensive work experience in retail electricity EDI billing platforms.
- Highly skilled in database systems, CRMs, and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Specific experience preferred with Hansen Technologies, POWWR, and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of and interest in renewable energy technology preferred.
Required Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Communicates skillfully with customers and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Maintains harmonious working relationships with customers and staff.
- Learns quickly and thinks critically to solve problems.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment while staying organized.
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Follows through on tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and positive, takes initiative, and demonstrates good judgement.
- $75,000-95,000 – depending on experience.
- Full Professional Benefits Package
- PTO, Sick Days, Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Matching 401K
- Life/AD&D insurance