About the job
Massamerican Energy (MAE), DBA Gridwealth, is a Developer, Constructor, Owner, and Operator of commercial & industrial (C&I) roof top solar arrays. MAE has several affiliated companies whose administrative functions are handled by MAE professionals.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, preparing month-end financial statement close procedures, overseeing the external audits, and working in a team environment to assure the success of the companies.
A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of junior accountants. Senior accountant duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- Maintain the company’s General Ledger and reporting in QuickBooks.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Prepare revenue recognition reports for monthly journal entries and month end financial statement closing.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Prepare and assist in the development of new and existing daily, weekly, and monthly reports in the above described functional areas.
- Daily reconciliation of the Company’s Bank balances and cash flow reports and maintain short-term working cash flow projections.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice to Management.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and financial accounting statements
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, especially QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Lookups and pivot tables functions.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- Prior experience with construction or real estate related accounting and related software systems is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner with Company colleagues, investors, and vendors.
- Personal traits include a keen attention to detail, aptitude for numbers, problem solving outlook, and strong communication skills.
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA) is a plus.
- BS in Accounting required and strong technical modeling skills.
- Experience in the construction, solar or electric power industry is a plus.
- Must be able to identify and synthesize relevant data/information that can be disparate and difficult to find.
- Must also be highly organized with strong attention to detail, possess good verbal and written communication skills, and be confident to communicate results to senior managers and external parties.
As a member of our team, you will enjoy a casual yet dynamic business environment with a supportive management team.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business in solar energy development and construction with a lucrative compensation package that includes:
- Base Salary
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.